Learning Solutions 2023 Countdown Contest
Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THE CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. SUBMITTING YOUR CONTENT CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CONTEST RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT CONTENT IF YOU ARE UNWILLING OR UNABLE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Participants must be registered for either the full Learning Solutions 2023 Conference & Expo or a free Expo+ Pass to enter. This contest is open only to those who post their entry through Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Facebook with the hashtags #LSCon and #SharingWhatWorks, or by email to Marketing@Learningguild.com, and who are 18 or older as of the date of entry. Employees of the Learning Guild, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. Entrants must be an individual and not a company or an organization. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Learning Guild as final and binding as they relate to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 12/7/2022 at 12:00 AM PT and ending on 12/16/2022 at 11:59 PM PT. All online entries must be received by 12/16/2022 at 11:59 PM PT.
- How to Enter: The contest must be entered by sharing your answer to the question “What advice would you give to someone brand new to learning and development?” on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn via a personal account with the hashtags #LSCon and #SharingWhatWorks, or by emailing Marketing@Learningguild.comwith the subject line #SharingWhatWorks. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Learning Guild. Only one submission per social media account will be accepted. You must use the hashtags if entering via social media. If you choose to enter through email, only one submission will be accepted per person. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Learning Guild.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the contest (the “Winner”) will receive a $50 Amazon gift card via email from the Learning Guild. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Learning Guild’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Learning Guild to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The winner will be selected at random under the supervision of the Learning Guild. The winner will be notified by social media or email on December 19, 2022. The Learning Guild shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings, or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to accept within four (4) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, an alternate Winner will be selected. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT THE LEARNING GUILD’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that the Learning Guild shall have the permission, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, Your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. In addition, the Learning Guild reserves the right to modify Your winning content to better fit the needs of the Guild for use on any related marketing and promotional materials. Each entrant further understands that if Your submission is selected as the winner, the Learning Guild does not claim ownership of the content submitted for consideration. All submissions are the property of the respective entrant, and You retain the sole copyright and all other applicable rights to said submission. Any aspects of the submission that include logos and taglines copyrighted by the Learning Guild are not permitted for reuse with Your content at any point during or after the contest for resale or distribution.
By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Learning Guild. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual property rights of any third party, You shall, at Your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Learning Guild from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs, or expense that the Learning Guild may incur, suffer, or be required to pay to arise out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s rights.
- Terms and Conditions: The Learning Guild reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Learning Guild’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, the Learning Guild may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Learning Guild. The Learning Guild reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or who violates these Terms & Conditions. The Learning Guild has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, and to void submissions for any reason, including but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Learning Guild reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Learning Guild and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than the participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the contest is the Learning Guild: 120 Stony Point Road, Suite 210, Santa Rosa, California, 95401, United States.
- Social Media Platforms(Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn): The contest hosted by the Learning Guild is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn.