The Learning Guild’s Agile Project Management Certificate Program
Monday & Tuesday, April 18 – 19
The Learning Guild’s Agile Project Management Certificate Program is a comprehensive, two-day workshop that provides the knowledge and skills needed to manage complex training and education projects. The program includes post-workshop resources to help support the application of these skills in your daily work.
Agile methods dominate the software development space, in large part because:
- Agile methods improve the ability to meet schedule deadlines
- Agile quality is better than traditional norms
- Agile methods continue to provide users with a competitive advantage
It’s no wonder that other organizational functions are beginning to eye Agile methods as an attractive option for project management, decision making, and prioritization. While eLearning teams can benefit greatly from adopting Agile, this program addresses specific adaptations to Agile methods proven to be effective for instructional designers and developers.
Who Should Attend?
Everyone has project management responsibilities in today’s learning and development teams. Whether you are a dedicated project manager, or a designer, developer, or manager of learning programs, managing process and workflow is likely part of your job. The Learning Guild’s Agile Project Management Certificate Program provides the knowledge and skills needed by modern learning and development teams.
What Will You Learn?
At the Learning Guild’s Agile Project Management Certificate Program you will explore an Agile framework that will enable you to manage every stage of your training and education projects—from project conception through project close. The framework is drawn from the Agile methods used in software development and adapted specifically for instructional design projects.
Topics in this program include:
- Building the case for adopting Agile (vs. ADDIE)
- Defining Agile to the team, your project sponsor, and SMEs
- Kicking off an Agile project
- The kickoff meeting
- Defining the goal
- Creating learner personas
- Defining scope with user stories and action mapping
- Managing the day-to-day project
- Estimating the work
- Planning the work
- Developing and releasing in iterations
- Communication and rhythms of the Agile team
- Agile in learning engineering
- Agile methods for software selection and implementation
- Agile for xAPI and xAPI for Agile
- Building the environment for Agile
- Agile ceremonies and rhythms
- The role of the Agile leader
Chief Executive Officer, TorranceLearning
Megan Torrance helps organizations connect learning strategy to design, development, data, and ultimately performance. Megan has over 25 years of experience in learning design, deployment, and consulting.
Megan and the TorranceLearning team are passionate about sharing what works in learning, so they devote considerable time to teaching and sharing about Agile project management for learning experience design and, of course, the Experience API (xAPI).
Megan is the author of the Quick Guide to LLAMA(R), Agile for Instructional Design and is a frequent contributor to Learning Solutions.
Do More and Save More!
Extend your learning for a full week and save $100 on any of these certificate workshops when you also register for Learning Solutions 2022.