EXPOA205 Discover What the Best Instructional Design Is Made Of!
2:00 PM - 2:45 PM
Thursday, April 21
Tracks: Instructional Design
Like many designers, you may have learned a lot of methods for designing digital training content. Too many methods. Like many designers, you may have learned or read a lot of methods or different processes for designing digital training content. But too many methods of conception may generate confusion and doubts about the right approach to use and make lose sight of the main objective which remains to teach. This is the case for training in general and is even more obvious with digital training.
Do you know that there is a link between instructional design and the way movies are made? And what about allowing the lIn this session, you will discover how the art of making motion pictures simply and easily applies in the design of elearning content. You will discover the importance of leading the learner to think about the subject instead of just feeding him with pure knowledge and check out how you can do that with examples of best practices.
In this session you will learn:
- Why it’s essential to awaken the learner’s awareness of their skills before the training starts
- What is the existing relationship between the art of making motion pictures and instructional design; how to successfully use it in elearning
- What is the link between an effective learning training and the duration of a song
- How to make sure that the learner becomes the actor of their own training rather than just a spectator
- How much effort of the instructional designer triggers a learner’s effort to learn
Anna Rimaud is currently production director at Lyadis. Over the past 10 years she has worked as an eLearning designer, digital transformation expert, and international project manager. She holds a master’s degree in multimedia educational engineering and didactics for languages. Anna and her team have won numerous awards including Innovation In Online Learning (EdTech Breakthrough Award), Most Creative E-Learning Solution Provider 2019-Europe (CV Magazine), and Innovation & Excellence Awards 2020 (CorporateLiveWire).