505 You Have Selected an LMS. Now What?
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Thursday, April 13
Tracks: Data & Platforms
Series: Instructional Design Summit
After spending several months evaluating a plethora of learning management systems, an organization finally selected “The One.” Next came the fun part! Several questions needed answering as they embarked on their implementation journey.
– How long was the implementation going to take?
– Did they budget enough to cover implementation cost?
– Who needed to be involved and who was going to be held accountable for meeting milestones and for ensuring a successful launch?
– How were they going to migrate historical data and content metadata?
These were only a few of many questions they had to think through to ensure a successful implementation. They only had one shot at this and couldn’t afford to fail.
In this session you’ll acquire tips on navigating the intricate endeavor of switching from one learning management system to another, including timelines and key tasks. You’ll explore some of the most common challenges you can expect during your journey and identify key players who need to be involved in the process. You’ll also learn how to recognize red flags and tackle them as they arise during the implementation. Finally, you’ll gain insight on ways to avoid implementation pitfalls and ensure a seamless launch.
In this session you will learn:
- The intricacies of switching to a new LMS
- To identify key players to involve in the process
- To recognize red flags and tackle them as they arise during implementation
- How to avoid implementation pitfalls
Custom landing page
Learning Experience Specialist
Margharita Nehme is a Certified Professional in Talent and Development (CPTD) and an accomplished learning design and technology specialist. She holds a Master’s of Educational Technology and has over 15 years of experience in providing results-driven and impactful learning programs. Her expertise includes the creation, execution, and evaluation of training programs, message design, and 2D animation, as well as the evaluation, selection, and implementation of enterprise learning ecosystems.